Just came across this question on how the organizational level relationships work in Microsoft Dynamics Ax 2012 R2/R3 from a tabular standpoint. The Organizational level relationship in Ax2012 has changed and it touch bases the following set of tables.
- OMOperatingUnit (Base table that captures operating units details)
- OMInternalOrganization (Base table for each of the organizations)
- DirPartyTable (Contains details of the organization and the people)
- DirPartyRelationship (Relationship between different parties)
- DirRelationshipTypeTable (Master table that holds relationship types used to define the relationships between parties)
- CompanyInfo (Contains company details as a whole)